Saturday, March 8, 2008

Providence Pizza Review: Via Via IV


Via Via IV, originally uploaded by The Pizza Review.

Via Via IV is the gold standard of Providence pizza. All of Via Via's pies are baked in a wood-fired oven, resulting in a crust that is crisp yet also chewy. The crust is complemented by delicious sauce and top notch cheeses. The basic cheese pizza (pictured here and here) is some of the best we've ever had, but there's much more to explore. Their all-white slice (pictured above), which contains mozzarella, parmigiano, ricotta and fontina, is exquisite. For the best slice on the menu, however, go with four-cheese (pictured here), a masterpiece covered in fontina, mozzarella, mascarpone and parmigianio and speckled with marinara. As an added bonus, Via Via IV offers 18" extra large pies, an option that is particularly enticing with such delicious pizzas. The menu includes a range of salads, appetizers, soups, sandwiches and a new line of seafood dishes. If you're near Providence, make sure you visit Via Via IV. Five Stars

See more pictures of Via Via IV pizza here.

VIA VIA IV
(401) 831-8668
205 Meeting Street
Providence, RI 02906

5 comments:

Roger Williams said...

I really dig Via Via's pizza, but they're contradictory about delivering to Federal Hill. First they put their menus in everyone's mailbox on the Hill. Then I got a delivery. So far, so good?

Tried to get them to deliver again. The owner told me "we don't deliver to Federal Hill". I told them they did, because they I had them deliver before.

"Oh, well fine, we won't deliver for less than a $25 order."

What the fuck? Come on, guys. Great pizza, lame service.

Stephanie said...

I love Via Via too! I feel like they are underrated just because they're off Thayer.

Roger Williams said...

How does being off Thayer make them underrated?

Anonymous said...

I think Stephanie meant because they're not directly on Thayer, not as many people go to it, therefore, it doesn't get as much attention. I know Via Via gets a lot of good reviews, "best pizza in Prov," blah blah. But I had their pepperoni pizza once, and I'm never going there again. The pizza was extremely greasy, the crust was flat and flavorless, the cheese and pepperoni left no impression (aside from being bathed in grease). Maybe it was just one isolated bad experience, but I'm not going to waste my money on them while there are plenty of other, great pizza places around.

Anonymous said...

Simply put: good greasy pizza, but the worst service ever!